Use of Site
Ogden Clinic Professional Corporation (“Ogden Clinic”) is pleased to offer secure access to patient medical information through this Patient Portal. Your
Patient Portal at any time and for any reason. Your continued use constitutes your consent to be bound by any such modifications or changes.
Use of Services
- The Patient Portal is not for use in medical emergencies or urgent situations. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
- Online communications will be used for limited purposes only. Online communications cannot be used for emergencies or time-sensitive manners.
- The Patient Portal does not diagnose or treat disease or provide medical services.
- The Patient Portal does not contain your complete medical record.
- The Patient Portal does not permit minors to use the Patient Portal.
- The Patient Portal is a service provided by Ogden Clinic in conjunction with a third party vendor. Your medical records, social security number, date of birth, etc. will be housed by the third party vendor.
- Ogden Clinic cannot be held responsible for any delays in online communication, transmittal, or accuracy of information.
- Follow-up is solely your responsibility. You are responsible for scheduling any necessary appointments and for determining if an unanswered online communication was not received.
- You are responsible for taking steps to protect yourself from unauthorized use of online communications, such as keeping your password confidential. Ogden Clinic is not responsible for breaches of confidentiality caused by you or an independent third party.
Private Information on this Service
For information regarding the use, disclosure, and protection of personally identifiable information pertaining to the Patient Portal, please refer to the
Notice of Privacy Practices.
- The services on the Patient Portal are provided on an “as-is” and “as available” basis, and Ogden Clinic does not warrant any defects or inaccuracies will be corrected.
- Ogden Clinic does not make any express or implied warranties about the Patient Portal, including but not limited to implied warranties or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- Ogden Clinic disclaims all warranties that the Patient Portal will meet your needs, or that they will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free. Ogden Clinic also makes no warranty that the services and products will be accurate, reliable, or complete.
- You acknowledge that you understand and assume full responsibility for the risks associated with the use of the Patient Portal service and your use of the Patient Portal services is at your sole risk.
Limitation of Liability
- Ogden Clinic will not be liable to you or anyone else for consequential, incidental, special, or indirect damages.
- Ogden Clinic will not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss resulting from a cause over which Ogden Clinic does not have direct control. This includes failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communications lines, unauthorized access, viruses, theft, operator errors, severe or extraordinary weather, fire, war, insurrection, terrorist act, riot, labor dispute and other labor problems, accident, emergency, or action of government.
As a condition of your use of the Patient Portal, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Ogden Clinic, its officers, directors, employees,
shareholders, agents, attorneys, affiliates, suppliers, successors, and assigns from and against any and all liability, loss, claim, demand, suit,
proceeding, damage, cost, and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs, arising out of or resulting from (a) any violation of you by these
anyone using your account’s) use of the Website, or (d) any negligent acts, errors, or omissions of you, your agents, or contractors.
Ogden Clinic may terminate your access to the Patient Portal for any reason, without prior notice.